About the Fund
The Fund was established in December 2019, following an open selection of management companies organized by RVC. The Fund has been investing in start-ups that develop (i) new medications and means of their delivery; (ii) medical devices; (iii) software for use in medicine (only if it is possible to obtain a registration certificate or other authorization document for it). The project to be invested should be aimed at solving unmet medical needs, and preferably, should have the potential to enter the global market (in addition to the Russian one). The Fund invests mainly in the development of the middle or early stage. However, this does not exclude the possibility of investing in high-risk seed projects, and, conversely, in relatively low-risk projects in their late stages. Target companies should preferably be Russian legal entities. Syndication with other Russian or foreign investors is encouraged.
Basic parameters of the Fund
- Fund Size – 4.5 billion roubles (the first closure of 1.5 billion roubles), allocated under the agreement between RVC and the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia
- Investment Period – 5 years
- Organizational Form – Investment Partnership "PharmMed Innovations"
- nvestment Volume in One Project – no more than 10% of the Fund
- Management Company – Unicorn Capital Partners LLC