The goal of NTI Competence Centres Support Program is to form a network of engineering and educational consortiums on the basis of Russian universities and scientific organizations to create innovative solutions in the field of "end-to-end" technologies that provide global leadership to companies that use these technologies to produce products and services.
NTI Competence Centre is a structural unit created on the basis of a university or a scientific organization that implements the integrated development of "end-to-end" NTI technologies jointly with the members of the consortium on the basis of a contract on the formation of a consortium.
The centres are created in partnership with Russian and foreign organizations (universities and leading scientific organizations, commercial partners) that participate in the formulation of research tasks. The work of NTICC is carried out in accordance with the network principles: joint action of the distributed team, including partners for the commercialisation of technologies.
The role of the consortium:
- Development of research directions and educational activities. Formation of specific research projects, approaches, and deadlines for their implementation;
- Consolidated decisions to determine the course of spending on individual projects and strategies, identify methods to the choice of partners and solution providers.
- Evaluation of the Result. Participation in the internal monitoring of the activities of the centres, development of decisions on updating the program of NTICentral Committee.
- Identification of approaches and principles for managing the results of intellectual activity as a result of the implementation of the program of NTICentral Committee.
The tasks of NTI Competence Centres
Translation of the results of fundamental science into engineering applications
Interdisciplinary research programs ensure the "transfer" of primary scientific findings and ideas through applied research and development into specific technologies in the interests of specific industrial partners.
Technology transfer through cooperation with industrial partners
NTI competence centres form a stable link between the academic sphere (e.g., universities, scientific organizations) and industrial partners (e.g., industrial organizations, high-tech service companies, IT leaders, medical institutions in the biomedical sector, etc., public customers).
Training of leaders in the development of new technologies through the implementation of educational programs
NTI competence centres create and implement educational programs of the engineering profile. For students of these programs, it is mandatory that research activities of NTI CC take the form of direct work on projects in teams with representatives of industrial partners.
The list of "end-to-end" technologies used to implement the National Technological Initiative:
1. Technologies for storing and analysing extensive data;
2. Artificial Intelligence;
3. Distributed Registry Technologies;
4. Quantum Technologies;
5. Technologies for Creating New and Portable Energy Sources;
6. New Production Technologies: TechNet;
7. Wireless Communication Technologies and the Internet of Things;
8. Technologies for Managing the Properties of Biological Items;
9. Neurotechnologies, Technologies of Virtual and Augmented Realities;
10. Technologies of Components of Robotics and Mechatronics;
11. Sensor Technology;
12. Technologies of Machine Learning and Cognitive Technologies;
13. Technologies of Electric Power Transmission and Distributed Intelligent Power Systems;
14. Technologies of Quantum Communication.