Ilim Group Is Looking for Innovation in GenerationS
The Ilim Group, the leader of the pulp and paper industry in Russia, opens the search for innovative start-ups based on RVC’s GenerationS corporate accelerator. The company is interested in projects to create new materials and products, the introduction of innovative digital technologies, as well as the development of advanced raw materials supply practices.
As part of the partnership with GenerationS, Ilim invites solutions from the R&D stage and above in nine areas:
- New cellulosic materials (materials for medicine and pharmaceuticals, food additives, solutions for electronics, mechanical engineering, etc.);
- new materials based on paper and cardboard (heavy-duty cardboard, synthetic paper, etc.);
- marginal organic products;
- new types of packaging (smart, functional, heavy-duty packaging);
- wasteless logging, production, and logistics;
- digital technologies and artificial intelligence (neuromarketing, virtual design, AI for managing production processes);
- new sources of raw materials (tree growth accelerators, IT genetics, fibre synthesis management);
- new brands and types of pulp;
- production optimisation.
You can apply before December 14, 2018. The experts of Ilima and GenerationS will jointly evaluate the projects and select the most promising teams that will have the opportunity to continue cooperation with a partner on a long-term basis or receive funding under the Ilim Innovations program.
“Launching the search process for Russian and foreign start-ups for us is the first step towards the development of the concept of open innovation and crowdsourcing. We want to find not only ready-made technologies, products, and technology partners, but also strong development teams that are in the mainstream of innovative development in key areas for our company defined given the changing strategic context, global megatrends, and future consumption patterns. From now on, we plan to actively expand the mechanisms of cooperation with the innovation environment in Russia and abroad, using as much as the possible external expertise to accelerate the development and launch of fundamentally new products for the company”, said the senior vice president of the Ilim group on strategic development, Dmitry Grechkin.
“The corporate accelerator of the Ilim group is a tool aimed at finding fundamentally new innovative areas of business development through interaction with technology start-ups, joint search, and creation of new products that are in demand not only now, but also in the future. GenerationS will be able to cope with this mission, including participation in the international GAN association from Techstars, thanks to which we will select start-ups in various business areas around the world”, said Ekaterina Petrova, director of GenerationS corporate accelerator.
Participation in the selection is free; you can read a detailed list of directions and apply for participation on the website of the accelerator.